We are all sitting on mountains of untapped potential
I believe that achieving physical greatness is possible by peeling away the layers of trauma done to our bodies over time. That might be done through a sedentary lifestyle, old / new injuries, or emotional stress that limits our ability to perform at our fullest potential. By analyzing the relationship we have with ourselves and our goals, we can work better towards making our ambitions our realities.
My approach is intended to challenge your mind, push your mental and physical limits, activate your senses and elevate your potential. This is done holistically through coaching in nutrition, breath work, sustainable programming, joint mobility, visualization strategies, and goal setting.
When we make our health and wellbeing our priority, and choose to put in the time, dedication, energy and perseverance to tapping into our potential, we become physically and mentally stronger in any outdoor adventures and further develop mature and sustainable athleticism.
From young athletes, amateur modern outdoorsmen, females wanting to conquer the mountains solo, all the way to the professional athlete, I invite you to experience Outdoor Human Kinetics!
- FMS – Functional Movement Screening
- Analyzing mental / physical / emotional health
- Individualized programming
- Goal setting
- Timeline / Session Plan
- Sport / Goal specific focus
One on One Adventure Training
- FMS – Functional Movement Screening
- Working towards a mental or physical goal
- Following a structured weekly program
- Focus on mobility, breath work, goal setting
- Incorporating recovery techniques
- Adapting nutrition to align with goals
- Analyzing mental and emotional health
Small Group Adventure Training
- Training with purpose: understanding what functional mobility is, movement patterns & the alignment of your body
- Utilizing specific movements to prepare for long-distance trekking, hiking, scrambling, running, cycling, etc.
- You’ll never have to perform a burpee in my sessions
- Skype or Zoom calls are the best way to get adventure ready! Sometimes, all it takes is a chat to answer all your running thoughts and endless questions about trip prep.
- I have started my own backpacking adventures from rock bottom. I didn’t start with all the right gear that would set me up for success. Consequently, I’m a more resilient outdoor adventurer, who can now share budget friendly and eco-friendly tips & tricks to take you from doubts to a ‘hell yea’ approach to taking on the outdoors solo, with friends & family, or your significant other.
- Connecting over video chat helps to make your goals come to life. It’s a liberating process to be able to connect with a real human who has had real experiences. Today, social media makes adventures look perfect and can distance us from the realities of what it means to be outdoors, alone, and in difficult situations. Bringing the ‘realness’ of what it means to explore the backcountry responsibly and safely is my top priority, to share with you!
- I would love to prepare you to go farther mentally and physically, because I know you can!
WHO INSPIRES ME?
My inspiration comes from a variety of professionals around the world, including Keegan Smith, Taylor Cecil, Sarah Marquis, Ben Patrick, and Jacqui Bell just to name a few.
Keegan Smith is the founder of RealMVMT in Australia. He has worked with many Rugby League teams in Australia and has been taught by some of the worlds best performance movement specialists. The community aligns with my values because the focus is on all things holistic – from nutrition to recovery, to breathing and physical training to journaling. No element is left out. There is an incredible emphasis on creating new habits, learning new skills & languages, traveling overseas to grow culturally, and studying well rounded and diverse topics.
Taylor Cecil is a Paul CHEK Practitioner who specializes in understanding the body on a spiritual, physiological and neurological level. Taylor works with an array of professional athletes like Mick Fanning, Ellie Brooks, and Alana Blanchard. He specializes in corrective holistic exercise kinesiology & lifestyle coaching. He inspires me to delve deeper into understanding my limiting self-beliefs and how to identify what serves my soul versus my ego in the goals and visions I have for myself.
Sarah Marquis is a Swiss National Geographic Explorer who has done some incredible solo and wild trekking around the world. Not surprisingly, she is one of the world’s 30 most influential women travellers. Sarah’s pioneering story of solo bush travel, pushing limits, building resilience, and connecting with nature is truly inspiring, humbling, and motivating. As I am just beginning my journey of solo-trekking, I look up to Sarah for her knowledge and grit. As Sarah says, “we need nature more than ever today”.
Jacqui Bell is an ultra marathoner who completed her mission of becoming the youngest female runner to race an ultra multi-stage marathon on all 7 continents! She’s 24 years old and absolutely smashing her goals and overcoming some serious hurdles earlier in her life. She came first in her 6th continent race in Iceland, and has now completed the Grand Canyon with literally, 10 new toenails! Her story is riveting, humbling, and her journey to greatness is captivating!
Ben Patrick is the Knees Over Toes Guy, and the mastermind behind the Athletic Truth Group, in the USA, creating bullet proof knees relevant for every sport and athletic endeavour out there. Learning and putting his movements into practice has taken my joint health to the next level.
I am very grateful to have met and worked alongside many inspiring professionals who have influenced my life, my journey, and helped me realize my potential and purpose. I am on a mission to share my knowledge, experience, and passion with you!